FlashPlayer-X86_64 Download

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Fri Dec 11 10:16:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 21:00 -0700, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
>
> > I just dropped the libflashplayer.so file to the plugins directory in my Firefox
> > profile to make it work: ~/.mozilla/firefox/<profiledir>/plugins
>
> Better to install nspluginwrapper on 64-bit system, too. Then move libflashplayer.so
> into /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins and run, as root, mozilla-plugin-config -i. It
> probably needs to be rerun every time you update libflashplayer.so via a tar file.
> Not sure if you need to rerun when installing via rpm, once that finally becomes
> available.

You don't have to use nspluginwrapper as there are 64bit flash plugins
available now.  Just download it from adobe and stick it in the dir you
mentioned above and your all set.

Side Note: If your gonna use the newly created beta (10.1?) then you
would have to use nspluginwrapper as there is only 32 bit available.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"