Printer frustration

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Dec 11 19:57:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:16:53 -0500
Michael Wiktowy wrote:

> Surprisingly there didn't seem to be *anywhere*
> where a manual correction could be applied to bring the printing
> coordinates back to the top edge of the page.

My DVD printing experiences:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/dvdp/dvd-success.html

led me to the ImageableArea parameter in the .ppd file,
and while I was able to eventually get a DVD to print with no
clipping, I also found that whatever I did was a complete
accident, because the definition of what that parameter
is supposed to mean clearly has no relation to what it
actually means :-).

You could also take a look at this:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/linux-tidbits.html#Printer%20Margin%20Adjustments

but I don't know if the scripts referenced there will
still work these days or not.