Fedora 12 -- A great new version !

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Dec 12 21:44:42 UTC 2009

Hi;

Just thought I would say I really really like Fedora 12.  It feels like
a Christmas gift.

I upgraded from F11 this morning with no difficulties -- worked like a
charm.  Everything looks and feels a little cleaner and a little
tighter.

The upgrading process (which I couldn't get to work for me in F11) found
the upgrades for all my applications except one small minor accessory.

I had hoped the cx23885 driver for v4l2 had been fixed to handle analog
cable TV, but I guess not.  However, that's an ongoing problem not
related to the upgrade per se.

I for one am very pleased.  If any of the maintainers are reading this
list, congratulations!

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28