F12: Gnome "Menubar" missing on multiple applications,

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 00:08:47 UTC 2009

On Saturday 12 December 2009 02:58 PM, Wim ten Have wrote:
>    It is simple, if you launch 'gnome-terminal' you have the option to
>    enable "Show Menubar".  Click in the window left mouse button.  There
>    you'll find a checkbox.  If it is enabled then the terminal emulator
>    will show "[File] [Edit] [View] [Terminal] [Help]" tabs.  This worked
>    perfectly for me under F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11.  But per F12
>    those seemed gone.  I experience same with other applications (many)
>    like my mailer 'claws'.
>
>    I did go as far as cleaning my entire default repos on the GNOME
>    desktop and rebuilding it.  But it seemed not to help.

I am shooting completely in the dark here.

I recently installed globalmenu for Gnome. I enabled the integrate with
main menu option. Since then I have been unable to access the menus for
GTK apps even when I am not in Gnome. After I turned that option off, I
got back my menus.

Could it be you also had globalmenu installed at some point in time and
some remnant of that config is messing with your menus?

Just a thought.
--
Suvayu