Help: No internet connection

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 13 20:41:07 UTC 2009

2009/12/11 Simon Schneebeli <simon.schneebeli at okko.org>

> Hello all,
>
> After having used Ubuntu since almost more than three years, I decided to
> give Fedora a try. The installation went perfectly fine. Everything was
> perfectly recognised. Now I face one big problem: I can't manage to connect
> to the internet.
>
> Through the network connection, I manage to establish a connection with my
> wireless ADSL model. It also works through a wired connection. Ping works.
> But neither Firefox nor any other programme manage to establish a
> connection.
>
> Any idea what the problem may be? I guess you need additional information.
> Which one exactly?
>
> To be more precise: It is a completly fresh install of Fedora 12 on a
> Thinkpad T61. I didn't change anything in the network configuration except
> that I put the password for my wireless connection.

I have this same problem quite often but am not with my Fedora machine so
cannot give precise instructions.

Try left or right clicking on the icon on the top right of the screen and
look at the options.

I remember having to fill in my MAC address into a field as a new
connection.

Best of luck,

Aaron