networkmanager/knetworkmanager Fedora 12 no go

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 14 11:34:56 UTC 2009

Well folks, I'm completely bewildered! I have the latest updated Fedora
12 on my laptop, but for the life of me I cannot get knetworkmanager to
work. All I get is a message saying the network is not managed. I can
disable network manager, (stop the daemon), and use the laptop that way,
but a working network manager would be preferable.

Also Services, (service management), no longer asks for super user
password when started from the menu, hence I have to start it from a
terminal for it to work properly.

Something in the configuration has become badly borked!!! The problem is
the same for KDE,(preferred), and Gnome.

Anyone out there with any ideas?

JB