simple web content filtering for home use?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 15:13:10 UTC 2009

Some years ago I configured Squid+squidguard on a CentOS server for a
30 clients company.
It worked very well but it needed some tricks, because it was not in
default repos and I had to customize the script to refresh the black
lists...
Work easily affordable anyway for a company based contend filtering/prevention.
Today a friend of mine would like to use something easy for his F12 PC
(that I installed for him after promoting Fedora...), to provide some
basic content filtering for his daughters/sons....
He doesn't know anything about Unix and console commands, so I would
like to provide him with something he is than able to maintain,
possibly in a gui based way...

I see that now squidGuard (version 1.4) is inside Fedora repo.
Does it provide now easy config or any other suggestions?
thanks,
Gianluca