SB driver in F12 ?

Stewart Williams lists at pinkyboots.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 22:21:17 UTC 2009

Mikkel wrote:
> Now this is strange - we have a card 1, but no card 0. Card 0 is
> normally the default sound card. I have to think about this a bit -
> I think the SB card is detected as a sound card, but Alsa is not
> able to access it.
>
> I am going to have to look - I think I have a SB card around here
> someplace, so when I get some time I will stick it in a machine and
> play. I am sorry I can not be of more help right now.
>
> Mikkel

Could card 0 be the on-board (motherboard) sound card which is currently
disabled in the BIOS?

It's currently disabled because although it works in Linux, I think it
may be faulty as I get popping noises from it occasionally and sometimes
it even dies completely ... hence why I purchased the Creative Labs SB
X-Fi (not knowing it didn't work on Linux).

Thanks.