Fedora 12 - Anyone using mplayer + vdpau?

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 04:03:04 UTC 2009

On Monday 14 December 2009 23:39:49 Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Ummm…
>
> Did you try "yum install libvdpau"?

Ahhhhh thanks a million Sam!   Shame on me!!!   That one got me.  I never
thought it was as simple as that...My mistake thinking something was crippled
(in the dependencies).  I was like... "why if this is essential to
mplayer..why isn't there...?" but duh....  Not everyone that has an Nvidia
card it's going to use mplayer or viceversa.

Got it working now... I love this (to playback any h.264 video and not seeing
mplayer eating 100 % of my CPU).

Thanks again!
Jorge