Help: No internet connection

Simon Schneebeli simon.schneebeli at okko.org
Tue Dec 15 21:32:33 UTC 2009

On 12/15/2009 04:43 PM, Mikkel wrote:
> On 12/15/2009 09:23 AM, William Case wrote:
>
>> I have come to this thread late and only given it a cursory read.  My
>> knowledge of NetworkMangager is limited.  However, in a response to my
>> post "Re: Fedora 12 -- A great new version !", Dec 13, Linuxguy123 makes
>> the passing remark "I didn't have video or a network connection at first
>> boot.  Somehow DHCP was disabled for eth0.  I fixed that, ran yum update
>> and pretty much everything is golden."
>>
>> He doesn't say much further about what he did exactly to fix it.  But
>> could your problem be the same as his "Somehow DHCP was disabled for
>> eth0."
>>
>> Of course, feel free to ignore. As I said -- late and little.
>>

> Well, one way would be to run System -->  Preferences -->  Network
> Connections and edit the interface. There are drop-down menus under
> both IPv4 and IPv6 to enable DHCP.
> If you have the network applet, you can also right click on it, and
> pick Edit Connections.
>
> Mikkel

I've actually checked that. It's properly set and always was. The
problem must be elsewhere. Astonishingly I have the same problem when I
start from the live CD, and on the other hand I didn't have this problem
when connecting to the wireless at my brothers, nor on Starbucks today.
That's why my guess is that it must be somewhere between my computer and
the wireless modem. I just didn't had time to play around with the modem
configuration. That's the next step in my plan. I just need to get some
sleep from time to time ;-)

Simon