dhclient fedora11 x86_64

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Dec 16 18:14:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:13:16 -0600
Frank Cox wrote:

> Are you aware of any issues which might cause one of our
> machines (intel core2 duo, if it matters) to lose it IP
> address every few hours?

Is the "few hours" period identical to the dhcp lease time?
I had at least one system where "network" and "NetworkManager"
somehow wound up fighting each other until I finally tracked
down the last obscure tweak needed to make NetworkManager
ignore the interface. Until then, every time the lease
expired, it would randomly switch IP addresses because NM
would issue an extra dhcp request.