Do you know about Omega?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 07:54:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:53 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Yeah. I have fixed the instructions and the file.  Your checksum does
> match btw.

Thanks! For now, this forum being on a secure server, it solves the problem :)

> Omega's site is just a personal site and not affiliated with Red Hat or
> Fedora project. It is just something I do on my own.

Unimportant things that you do on your own are often dangerous. You
know what happened to Linux Torvalds, Patrick Volkerding, Klaus
Knopper, Gaël Duval, etc.  :) I think your remix will get rather
popular. I understand a remix shouldn't cause a tidal wave but, who
knows.

> In the past, others
> volunteered mirrors but I could hold up to the traffic anyway.  Since I
> hosted this image in only one place, I didn't consider the tampering to
> be a serious possibility but I guess I could gpg sign the checksum file
> to avoid the problem.

With clear instructions on how to get your key... from a secure
server, that would be fine.

Is setting up a secure server a big problem? Honestly, I have no idea.

Excuse my paranoia... I understand chances of tampering are slight,
they're always slight, but people know that you're using Red Hat,
which has a good reputation for security. And your name is important
too. So better safe than sorry.

Sleep time now.