OOo Writer for Flyers!?

Chad Kellerman sunckell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 13:04:06 UTC 2009

Marc,

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Folks,
>
> I did some work for a client last night. It was something I could have shot
> out, in Microsoft Word, within a matter of minutes. I opened OOo Writer and
> it took me a couple hours to come up with a mediocre product. I was a little
> embarrased by it. What I tried to do was create a flyer. I wish I had the
> PDF I created, I'll have to send it when I get home.
>
> Now that I've fluffed the email a bit. My question is, am I using the wrong
> application?
>
> OO is fine...  There maybe another app specifically for flyers.  But
nothing as extensible as OO

> In OOo Writer, I didn't have any templates at my disposal so all the
> elements I take for granted, I had to insert myself. It was a bit pain
> staking. I seriously felt as if I was using Office 95 or something like
> that.  Thanks for your input

I would browse http://templates.services.openoffice.org/

There are extensions/templates etc.  I am sure there is something that can
cut your time to minutes...

Chad

> --
> Marc Ferguson
>
> www.fergytech.com
> www.digitalalias.net
>
> "When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"
>

> --

A grasshopper walks into a bar and the bartender says "Hey, we have a drink
named after you." And the grasshopper says "Really, You have a drink named
Murray?"