Saving Tbird e-mail files?

Bruce Korb bkorb at gnu.org
Thu Dec 17 22:58:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:38 PM, DB <Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Subject:
> Saving Tbird e-mail files? -
> From:
> Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>
> Date:
> Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:33:06 -0500
> To:
> Fedora-list <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
>    There must be a way to save/export/import Thunderbirds email files
>    when going from F-11 to F-12! I have never been able to do this

You can also configure "account settings"/"local folders"
to a particular directory.  Then it isn't necessary to copy
the .thunderbird directory.  (You are actually copying over
a ${RANDOM}.default directory and pointing "profiles.ini" to
that random name.  That's why you don't find your emails.
You have a new random subdirectory.  Not clever, in
my estimation, but you can still configure your local
folders.