To Timothy Murphy

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 12:58:34 UTC 2009

On Saturday 19 December 2009 04:11 AM, Paul Smith wrote:

>>> I don't think you can tweak gmail's spam filter. Not directly, anyway.
>>> I always check Timothy Murphy's mails that gmail labels as spam as
>>> "not spam", hoping to teach it that they're not. I fully expect to see
>>> a change in gmail's behaviour in a few thousand years (provided, of
>>> course, that TM at least keeps up his the present day rate of
>>> postings).
>>
>> Hmmm, I also use gmail and all of Timothy Murphy's emails reach me.  I do
>> have a filter that moves all incoming fedora list mail to a fedora folder.
>>   I have never found any fedora list mail in my spam folder.
>> fennix
>
> In my case, all Timothy Murphy's posts go to the GMail spam folder.
>
> Paul

I use this[1] rule in Gmail to archive and direct all fedora-list
traffic to a Fedora label within Gmail. And I rarely get any of his
messages mislabelled as spam. It is definitely quite a bit better since
I reported a few "this is not spam"-s.

I think you can also setup something like `from:"Timothy Murphy"' to
direct his messages to the proper label in Gmail.

HTH

[1] (list:"fedora-list.redhat.com" OR
list:"fedora-announce-list.redhat.com")

--