Booting sparkly new F12 install, error 13 from grub.

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Dec 19 23:58:28 UTC 2009

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 11 December 2009, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:

> That is a thought I suppose, but between 2 different distro's?  Sounds a
> little dicey.
>
> OTOH, that would be a nice idea as it would be the quickest, dirtiest way I
> could think of to get amanda rebuilt for 64 bit since it is always buil;t and
> installed from amanda's home dir.
>
> Since no one has suggested a fix for the 64 bit F12 fedora being so slow, I
> have another 64 bit torrent running right now, to see if that one is 50x
> slower than this F10 32 bit install is now.

I would try the Live-CD and see how that runs, smaller download. The suggestion
is that some part of your system hardware isn't well supported. I would try some
non-graphic tests, I have concluded that the Open Source purity of graphics
drivers is more important than the speed or functionality, and that I should try
running a remote console on a machine with fast graphics before I blame anything
else.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>