Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: fedora.

sandeep Patel leosandeep08 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 06:24:39 UTC 2009

Hi Everybody,
                     I have installed Fedora 12 x86_64.And I tried to update
it.But I found this error:
 Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
fedora.

Then I searched the solution of this error in google.Then I modified my
fedora.repo and fedora-updates.repo file and uncommented the baseurl line
and commented the mirror list line.
But After doing this I found again same error:

Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 407 :
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/12/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
fedora.

Please someone help me.How to tackle from this problem.
--
Sandeep Kumar Patel
University of Hyderabad