mounting ext3 partition as ext4 without formatting Fedora 12/LXDE spin

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Dec 20 14:21:12 UTC 2009

Globe Trotter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to mount my home directory which is in a separate partition containing data and that I do not want to format upon install. However, the LXDE spin seems to want to mount it as ext3 unless i format it upon installation. Is there a way to get around this problem?

I'm not clear what you mean by "seems to want to mount it as ext3" here. When
you run the mount command with "-t ext4" it mounts as ext3? Are you sure that
the data is ext4 format? Is this a partition of some LVM creation?

Did you specify this data when you did the install? You may have already
formatted it?

Clarification, please?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>