Booting Fedora-12 from hard disk, again, again

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 22 01:56:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 13:47 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
> If you're trying to install via a network install (NFS or HTTP), then
> the ISO image itself is what you point at, not a loopback mount of it.
> The installer wants to see the ISO image itself, not the files in it.

When I've done network installs in the past, it was possible to do it
either way (dependent on what sort of network install you were doing).
But I found it much faster to install from ordinary files on a drive,
there seemed to be an enormous memory and processing overhead on dealing
with a large ISO.  Sometimes it'd be a complete show-stopper.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.