No F-12 Flash -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Dec 23 02:16:34 UTC 2009

On 22/12/09 19:08, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 December 2009 11:56 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>
>> What is the procedure to install Adobe Flash Player in Fedora 12 [in
>> this case installed from the Omega livecd]?
>>
> 8< ---snipped---8<
>> It results in an rpm that produces "libflashplayer.so" but does not
>> install it as the instruction implies. I copied that to
>> "/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/" to no avail!
>>

> Just a small clarification, AFAIK the Omega LiveDVD was *32-bit only*.
> Then how do you have a /usr/lib64/ directory?

    Thanks to all!

    The problem was that Adobe provides the 32 bit file when you follow
    the menu on their page. There is however a 64 bit tar.gz file
    released 12/08/2009. Once I installed that I could see my crossword
    puzzles again.

    All I know is that when I ran the Omega install on this computer it
    installed 64 bit F-12. If it had been an option I would have most
    likely let it remain 32, it came as a surprise.

    Anyway the trick was to collect the right libflashplayer.so and
    simply copy it into /home/bobg/.mozilla/plugins. I did the same
    thing with the other newly installed F-12 using the 32 bit file and
    it now works too. That's a similar computer but is 32 bit.

    I should have asked yesterday and saved a lot of wasted time and
    effort. Again thanks for the help.

    Bob