Yumex crashes -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Dec 23 16:09:10 UTC 2009

    I have two new F-12 installs, one each 32 and 64 bit boxes. Yumex
    fails on both, although I think it may have worked initially after
    the Omegalive install. My memory is a bit fuzzy on that point, but
    it could have resulted from an update if that is the case.

    Yumex asks for a password, churns for a minute or so doing what it
    does to open and then crashes just as it begins to draw the opening
    display! I could see a few icons come up on the left edge and then
    gone, just the terminal from which I opened it leaving the following
    artifacts:

        History Enabled
        /usr/bin/yumex: line 5: 3234 Segmentation fault   (core dumped)
        /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/yumex/yumex.pyc $*

    This looks like a problem with F-12 or yumex.

    I can survive without it but it helps in setting up new installs
    since it provides extensive applications lists, a help to me.

    Does anyone have a solution or do I just have to wait 'til it's
    fixed? Or do I have something messed up?

    Bob