Advanced routing, 2ISP

Nathan Grennan fedora-list at cygnusx-1.org
Thu Dec 24 19:50:13 UTC 2009

On 12/23/2009 12:10 AM, David Hláčik wrote:
> This means that either mange is not working or ip rule is not working .
> Please help,

   I think you want my same in/same out script. I didn't write most of
it, and it isn't perfect. It does get the job done.

   I have previously used this at home when I had both business DSL with
static ips and residential cable with a dynamic ip. I am currently using
it in a production environment on web servers with a load balancer. They
talk to the load balancer on one interface for production traffic. On
the other you can have direct access to a certain web server.

   With slight modification you can even load balance your traffic
across both internet connections. The one down side I have seen with
this in the past is AIM uses an authentication server separate from
their IM server. They expect you to talk to the IM server from the same
IP address that you used to talk to the authentication server.

   You probably already know about it, but a useful site is
http://lartc.org/ .

1. Put policyroute.conf in /etc
2. Put policyroute in /etc/rc.d/init.d
3. Run chkconfig policyroute on
4. Edit /etc/policyroute.conf to your situation
5. service policyroute start

http://proton.cygnusx-1.org/~edgan/policyroute/