Nouveau driver with nvidia dual head

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 12:09:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Greg Woods <woods at ucar.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-12-24 at 11:43 -0500, Kirk Lowery wrote:
>

> > What I'm after is a way to tell the xserver to do it just like the
> > LiveCD does. I figure some boot (kernel?) parameter, or some command
> > line option supplied to the xserver at boot time?
>
> Did you try System -> Preferences -> Display (GNOME) or whatever the
> equivalent is in KDE?

Yes, I did. It was very strange: when I first brought it up, it had been
properly preconfigured for my video card and recongnized my monitor type
correctly. However, when I went to the tab for dual monitors, it was not
checked. Fine, I thought to myself, I'll just configure it now and restart X
and all will be good. I checked dual monitors. Selected the monitor type for
the second monitor. And then I tried to save it. It just sat there. No, it
hadn't crashed, it just acted as if the "OK" button was not connected to any
code! The only way to get rid of the Display applet was to "Cancel". (BTW,
I'm using Gnome, not KDE.)

Thanks for the suggestion! After I figure out what's going on, I probably
should file a bug for this.

Kirk