8 GB Flash drive formatted at 3.7 GB

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 25 17:49:00 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 12/21/09, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> From: Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>
> Subject: Re: 8 GB Flash drive formatted at 3.7 GB
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 5:10 AM
> Marcel Rieux
> >> OTOH, when I formatted, I wasn't so sure that ext3
> was much use on a
> >> USB drive. I still don't know.
>
> Aaron Konstam:
> > In it is not muh use if you ever want to put it in a
> Wiindws machine.
>
> There are drivers to read ext3 on Windows.  If you use
> both systems,
> you'll have to weigh up which is the most convenient.
> Native file
> systems on Linux, which supports your normal permissions
> and ownership
> file details.  Or a pathetic-featured file system that
> can be easily
> read by many different systems.
>
> --

This message was sent Monday, December 21, 2009 5:10 AM, kept the headers intact.  Today is December 25, 2009, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good late fedora list reply :)

<quote>
or a pathetic-featured file system that can be easily read by many different systems.
</quote>

I like this quote, but I have seen systems which this is not TRUE :(, I help  my students clean out their windows machines, and they had to force shutdown(Pressing and holding power button, machine was not responding had AV virus/spyware/trojan(you name it) ) and the NTFS partition was cleanly unmounted and therefore not easily read :(

But I still like your quote :)

Regards,

Antonio