[Fedora] IBM Netfinity 5000

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Dec 26 04:05:59 UTC 2009

    We've got success.  After the net install finished, first it
wouldn't boot at all, so I went into rescue mode and tried booting the
drive then only to have it tell it that it didn't have any bootable
partitions.  So, a little bit of grub-install magic, the system now
boots without a problem.

    Next step was to run 'yum update' ... and while installing
"kernel-PAE-2.6.31.9-174.fc12.i686", I saw these warnings/errors:

Possible missing firmware aic94xx-seq.fw for module aic94xx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql1800_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2500 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2400 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2322 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2300 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2200 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2100 for module qla2xxx.ko

    Is this something that should be addressed?  For the record, the
machine has an Adaptec AIC-7895, so I don't *think* the 94xx is even
needed here.

    -- A