Raid I/O error

Allan R. Batteiger arb at rtsi.com
Sat Dec 26 20:20:32 UTC 2009

Good afternoon
    I have a sever with a Raid controller, 4 drives setup as Raid 5.
Every night I an getting a report showing a lot ( 200-1000) of I/O
errors on DM-0.   I have also starting getting reports of I/O errors on
files.   However I do not seem to be able to get any info on what is
causing these issues.   I thought if a drive was causing the problems,
the raid array would be correcting for them.  I would have expecting a
warning saying I had a drive going bad but not un recoverable errors.
The Hardware config is Tyan GX28 with a LSI Megaraid 1430G controller 4X
500 GB SATA drives.  I have been doing online searches but so far not
much luck.   Does any one have any ideas ?

Thanks
Allan