slow boot for latest fedora kernel 2.6.31.9-174.fc12.x86_64

N James Bridge james at xmas.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 29 00:32:07 UTC 2009

Upgraded this evening and the system seemed broken but did start the
boot process after about 2 minutes. All normal thereafter. It doesn't
make any difference if I boot to level 3. After leaving the boot menu,
the screen simply displays a single underline character and nothing
happens at all for 2 min. Then things get underway at normal speed.

Previous kernel is still installed and boots up quite normally.

Any ideas? Anyone else getting the same behaviour? I use the nvidia
drivers but they are up to date and in any case shouldn't be used for a
level 3 boot.
--
N James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk>