Monitor doesn't turn go into powersave

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Dec 29 09:23:43 UTC 2009

On 28/12/09 20:10, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> It's a kernel boot parameter, append it at the end of the "kernel"
> line in grub.conf
>
> Another thing that I've noticed -- if you have a leftover
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf from the previous Fedora release, rename xorg.conf
> and restart, letting X start with a default configuration.
>
> I haven't yet fully verified it, but even if I boot with the
> unmodified kernel boot line, after removing xorg.conf, it looks like
> power management also starts working.

.
I tried in both the grub GUI and /boot/grub/grub.conf. In neither case
did the screen blank after five minutes  as it is set to do.

    title Omega 12.1 Fedora Remix (2.6.31.9-174.fc12.x86_64)
         root (hd0,0)
         kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.31.9-174.fc12.x86_64 ro
    root=/dev/mapper/vg_box6-lv_root noiswmd LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us --nomodeset

This was a new install of F-12 from the Omega-live on usb flash drive so
there should be no artifacts of the last Fedora version.

Bob
.