thinkfinger for ThinkPad fingerprint scanner missing on F12?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 05:29:02 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I got my hands on a brand new ThinkPad in the last week. While setting
things up, I noticed that thinkfinger is missing from the F12 although
its present in the F11 repos. Is their any reasons behind this?

 From my 64-bit F11 desktop:
> $ sudo yum list thinkfinger
> Available Packages
> thinkfinger.i586       0.3-9.fc11         fedora
> thinkfinger.x86_64     0.3-9.fc11         fedora

 From my 32-bit F12 ThinkPad:
> # yum list thinkfinger
> Error: No matching Packages to list

All the usual repos are enabled on both machines.

If thinkfinger is not available on F12, would it be a wise decision to
install the F11 packages in F12?

Any thoughts welcome.

Happy New Year to you all. :)
--