The Counter-Fedora People At #fedora

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Dec 31 17:10:14 UTC 2009

On 12/31/2009 07:46 AM, Randy Yates wrote:
> Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> writes:
>> [...]
>> To claim that you got banned "for asking fedora questions" sounds
>> unrealistic. It's a biased view, I think.
>
> So you're making a judgement call on missing information?
>
>> Perhaps what you considered appropriate for that channel was deemed
>> inappropriate because of the way you presented it to the people?
>
> Perhaps. And perhaps what I am stating is true and unbiased. For
> example, if I don't understand something, I expect to be able to say, "I
> don't understand."
Your quoting leaves something to be desired. By cutting the
paragraph before the first one you quoted, you change a request for
more information to look like it is a judgment call. Though I guess
your not including this information does lead to a judgment of you.
If this is an indication of how you post on the IRC channel, I can
see why you run into problems.

(Missing part of the quote):
One important thing that is missing in your post is an example of
what had happened in the channel prior to one of those three banning
you.

Mikkel
--

Registered Linux User #16148  (http://counter.li.org/)