Where to get the java plugin for F10. I'm using F9

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Feb 1 00:03:11 UTC 2009

On Saturday 31 January 2009 22:10, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > Where do I get the java plugin from for F10. I'm using F9, but have
> > problems with some java sites, and believe that the F10 version of the
> > plugin resolves these problems.
>
> Why don't you just upgrade to F10? Then you'll get it automatically.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Mainly because I don't want to. I'm on dialup, and it will take 14 days to
download the CD iso's for F10. More to the point though, I'm trying to find
just one package, the java plugin for F10, so that I can replace the F9 one
with it. Nobody so far has come up with where I can get this from.

I've already made adjustments to my /etc/apt/sources.list, so as to download
the filelists for F10's everything repo, but am getting parsing errors.
Perhaps apt-get no longer works for F10.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother to try and resolve Fedora problems. I already
have Suns JRE downloaded, and could simply replace the Fedora version with
the real JRE, which I know will have no problems with the Java sites that are
having problems with the Java version which is installed on Fedora 9.

I give up. i thought I'd asked a simple question, but am not getting a simple
answer. Upgrade to F10 is not the answer, and I already know that installing
Sun's JRE will resolve the problem. All I want is a link to where I can
download the java plugin for F10 (from a Fedora repo), then i can replace the
F9 one with it, and hopefully Firefox will then work with the www.jigzone.com
site.

It's nearly 1am in Northern France, and I'm tired. I'm just trying to resolve
a problem, not trying to get into an argument. I'm getting too old for that.

Nigel.