Poor WiFi Performance

homburg at tips-Q.com homburg at tips-Q.com
Sun Feb 1 18:02:42 UTC 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 09:45:28 -0800 (PST)
Mike Cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you misunderstand - ifconfig shows that the
> system should be handling 54M but the reality is that it
> doesn't achieve that as throughput speed!

I am a tad late to this thread. Have you done an `iwlist
scanning`? I find that I get better performance using a
channel without competition. I also find that I I get
better performance when I associate the AP by entering its
BSSID in the configuration.

And, yes, I am defining performance as throughput in
contrast to the depicted rate.

--
"Neither Lifestyle nor Agenda"
http://www.tips-Q.com