Super user problem FC10

Croombe F. Pensom croombefp at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 2 14:57:48 UTC 2009

I have installed FC10 five times now but I can NEVER log in as root as
it ALWAYS tells me that the authentication failed.
I did the install very, very carefully as I thought that, maybe, I had
goofed; but, no, I set up root password OK but still cannot do the login
as root.
The only way I can get to root operations is via sudo but, then, I can't
get a gui running (I'm a bit lazy!!).
Any ideas as to why I can't log in as root?
CroombeFP
--
This e-mail produced entirely under Linux. Absolutely NO M$ products have been used.