F10 Pulseaudio problem

RDB techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Tue Feb 3 03:53:08 UTC 2009

Hello,
I have Audigy SB card with 5.1 speakers

Using pulseaudio I found that the produced sound sometime has glitch and I get
the following message in /var/log/messages when it happens:

pulseaudio[5501]: module-alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to
 write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write! Most
likely this is an ALSA driver bug. Please report this issue to the PulseAudio
developers.

Secondly, with Pulseaudio I cannot control the volume of the "Surround" and
"Center" Speaker, only the Front with kmix. I opened pavucontrol and doesn't
find any control for the Surround / Center output either.

Thirdly, I don't know if it's related but somehow after installing the
pulseaudio stuff (I had them uninstall to troubleshoot my sound not working
earlier) and trying to play songs with amarok, X had been restarted three
times forcing me to re-login.

So, my questions are:
1. Any help with these problems ?
2. Is it possible to have working Flash plugin for Firefox with sound without
Pulseaudio ? (Last time I tried without pulseaudio I couldn't get Flash to
have sound).

Thanks.
RDB