virt-manager and qemu not working together

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Feb 4 09:03:28 UTC 2009

   I'm still struggling to create my first VM (under Fedora 10), and have
further tracked my problem to the following:

# /usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm -M \?
Supported machines are:
xenfv      Xen Fully-virtualized PC (default)
xenpv      Xen Para-virtualized PC

   OK, but the command issued by virt-manager uses '-M pc', so qemu-dm then
fails.  I can't see any field for this in the wizard, nor any other way to
run through the creation.  I'm trying to test it with Linux/Fedora8 as a
setting.

   Am I missing an install/setting?  I can't see any relevant qemu/xen RPMs
that I've not installed.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature