F10 Pulseaudio problem

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Feb 4 16:11:04 UTC 2009

Around about 03/02/09 03:53, RDB typed ...
> pulseaudio[5501]: module-alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to
>  write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write! Most
> likely this is an ALSA driver bug. Please report this issue to the PulseAudio
> developers.

   You might be suffering what I was;  I forget where google took me to find
the solution, but it's to do with using some new scheme to schedule
pusleaudio (using timers instead of interrupts?).

   Anyhow, the workaround was to use the old mechanism:  edit
/etc/pulse/default.pa and find the following, adding the "tsched=0" bit
(which won't be there in yours).

.ifexists module-hal-detect.so
load-module module-hal-detect tsched=0
.else