Fedora 10 login screen

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 23:18:31 UTC 2009

Margaret Doll wrote:
> I tried adding
>
> [greeter]
> Browser=false
>
> to /etc/gdm/custom.conf  to change the login screen.  This made no
> changes in the screen.
>
> Is there a gdmsetup or "Login screen setup" program?  If so, in which
> rpm is it located?

1) Did you restart GDM or reboot the machine? Are there multiple lines
that say [greeter] in your /etc/gdm/custom.conf?

It may be that it is now configured with GConf, I keep losing track - try:

yum -y install gconf-editor ; gconf-editor

Then navigate to /apps/gdm/simple-greeter and tick the disable_user_list
box that I've just found.

You will probably need to restart GDM, which I usually do with "killall
-HUP gdm-binary"

2) No, there isn't a setup program any more. GDM settings are moving to
gconf and the state of the gdmsetup program is in flux.

--
Sam