Setting up a machine with no Login (solved)

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Thu Feb 5 01:44:30 UTC 2009

> > Im setting up a machine as a frontend for MythTV, and I want
> > it to boot
> > up all the way to usermode (as the user mythtv) with no
> > login along the line.

<snip>

> There's autologin feature manually:
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/fedora-9-auto-login-644821/
>
> if you use gdm, similarly if you use kdm it is possible to autologin as well :)
>
> if you however use another desktop, then things may change a bit.

Thanks, but while out walking the dogs I thought about the problem (I get all
my greak inspirations either in the shower or out with the dogs,- the mind is
in neutral in both cases) and went to look for options on /bin/mingetty which
is what xinitrc executes.

Sure enough there is an --autologin <username> option there, and thats cleaner,
and less likely to change...

Thanks again tho,

--
                                        Reg.Clemens