F10 -- Xen, VirtualBox, or VMWare?

Raymond C. Rodgers sinful622 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 22:10:54 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> McGuffey, David C. wrote:
>> Rather than configuring a dual-boot machine for running those occasional
>> Windows apps, which one of these virtualization tools provides the best
>> (read most accurate) virtualization environment on F10?  Which one is
>> the easiest to install and configure?
>
> KVM  (assuming you have the hardware support) with Virt-manager (if
> you need a GUI)
>
> Rahul

While I have used KVM for more than a year for my own uses, I find that
VirtualBox offers an easier and seemingly more complete feature set
right now than KVM. For instance, it's a simple matter to get sound
working in VirtualBox where as I haven't figured out how to do it in
KVM/Virt-Manager. Same goes with USB support, and it doesn't require
superuser permissions to launch a session.

Raymond