Adobe announces 64-bit Flash plugin for Linux (Alpha verson)

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Feb 6 00:14:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 15:26 -0800, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> "Patrick O'Callaghan" <poc at usb.ve> writes:
> > http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
> > See also http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/08/11/17/168212.shtml
>
> They have no rpm and their instructions suck, but the plugin itself
> seems to be ok.  I've been using it for a few days.
>
> Here is what I did to install it so that all the users could have
> access:
>
>     yum erase flash-plugin.i386 nspluginwrapper.x86_64 nspluginwrapper.i386
>
>     cd /tmp
>     wget http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/libflashplayer-10.0.d20.7.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz
>     tar -xvzf libflashplayer-10.0.d20.7.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz
>     cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
>
> -wolfgang
> --
> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
>          You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.

Thanks Wolfgang!!!

Your syntax was perfect along with poc's advice to leave nsplugwrapper
in place.

Do you know if this flash player has sound capabliity?  The graphics
worked fine, but there was no sound.

Greg Ennis