problem with fedora-list reply

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 03:28:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 19:15 -0800, GMS S wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some problem with fedora-list.
> If I reply a message it does not contain this character ">" at left.
> It is supposed to be automatically put at left.(fedora-list digest selected)
> What should I do?

For one thing, you should if at all possible not be replying to digest
messages (I know some people do it, and most of them get it wrong, to
the annoyance of the rest of the list). Digests are informational; to
participate in the list it's preferrable to subscribe normally.

Aside from that, the formatting of quoted material, which presumably is
what you're talking about, is a matter for your mail client (apparently
Yahoo webmail). It has nothing to do with the list management software.

BTW, if you can possibly use something other than Yahoo you might have a
better experience on this list. Yahoo's message threading is broken,
which affects not only you but everyone else as well.

poc