REMINDER: Classroom sessions this weekend!

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 6 19:36:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 21:43 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> We have some good classes lined up this time:
>
> 1:30 UTC ...

It used to be quite easy to see UTC time without using the command line.
But now, on Gnome, at least, it isn't.  There's no option for quickly
seeing the taskbar clock in UTC instead of local.  And the options for
adding extra clocks doesn't give you any way to add UTC (a rather
obvious, but not doable, solution).  The only way I could see to do that
would be to add a location that has no offset from GMT, and doesn't
observe daylight savings.  But I don't know of one like that.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.12-78.2.8.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.