update to xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.10.0-1.fc10.x86_64 breaks X

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sun Feb 8 22:46:36 UTC 2009

   I found, after upgrading from Fedora 8 x86_64 to
Fedora 10 x86_64, that the radeon driver support for
my Radeon X1650 Pro graphics card seemed to work well
except for one major problem. The X server seemed to
have issues with mode resets at random intervals.
The screen goes black and then comes back as before.
The X11 log file doesn't show a complete X server
restart but just mode related lines repeating.
Fortunately the current Catalyst 9.1 based flgrx
packages are behaving well at the moment so I was
able to switch over to those.
            Jack