rpmbuild question - follow on to gcc issues

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Tue Feb 10 15:52:14 UTC 2009

I downloaded a src rpm, built it using rpmbuild and the spec file and ran it. So far, so good. Now I want to modify the source to add some debugging statements. The problem is that the src rpm contains a number of patches and one of the patches is to the file I want to modify. Now when I rpmbuild, the patching fails because the source file it is trying to patch doesn't look the same.

What is the Fedora way of dealing with this situation?

Let me know if this needs to be moved to the devel list.

Thanks,
Steve.