Trying to build tightvnc for FC10 from FC11 src.rpm

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Feb 10 16:26:43 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote:

> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> Well I got the src.rpm for fc11, and after running rpmbuild, I found a
>> number of dependencies I needed.  I installed those and tried again and
>> not too supprisingly the rebuild failed.
>>

> This is interesting - I know that there is a plan that is not far from
> complete to have tightvnc in F11 for release. It would be very nice to have
> this built for F10 also and made available through the normal updates
> system. I guess that test building for f10 is part of that process?

I use TightVNC on my Centos systems, and particularly with my HIP
testing (using the HIPL code).  So I since my plans for HIP include FC10
(to get the 2.6.27 kernel with the IPsec BEET patches), I need TightVNC.
  What better way than instead of taking the old 1.3.9 code from RHEL5,
to use the new 1.5.0 from the FC11 development.

So I am trying to do the retrofit.  Any one more skilled than me (and
there are LOTS that fit that catagory), I would welcome the help.  And
maybe to get TightVNC as a standard part of FC10.