fedora 11: (MORE testing results)

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Feb 11 19:58:19 UTC 2009

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> gary artim wrote:
>> guess I should bugzilla some of these, but in general I had good
>> results. The segfault in ld-linux showed up in the log
>> but I only noted when check for error messages.
>>
> I did an install in a VM under KVM for a smoke test before actually
> putting it on a machine. Video worked, although I did have to install
> system-config-display and set the display type before I could get the
> resolution I wanted.
>
> I will test on a real machine if it looks good with a little use...

Tried on an Acer dual core Athlon 1.90GHz from live CD. It actually found and
used the Linux swap partition (don't know if it checked for a suspended image).
Ran fine, only took one try to get the wireless up, still no driver for Broadcom
4310 (which is identified as BCM4312, think that's wrong).

Both 686 and x86_64 worked fine, I'm not _quite_ ready to run something this
alpha on a serious machine yet, but it looks good. This week I hope to try the
KVM and install Win7 on a thumb drive using the live CDs (32 & 64 bit). I'll report.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>