WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 14:42:25 UTC 2009

<snip>

> Speaking about incompatibility, isn't the only guarantee is that a
> kernel at the same level, regardless of distribution, will function exactly
> the same?! If you want to move from, say, KDE3 to KDE4 you have to upgrade
> your system because drivers and libraries are hardly ever forward
> compatible.  If you want to move from the ext3 to the ext4 file system you
> must upgrade your system?!
>
> So, what this person is saying is that - I'm going to stop using Fedora
> because it's constantly moving forward and I want to live in the past!
>
> Thanks,
> Gene Poole

There may be a point there, considering that Fedora 10 will not have
KDE 3.5.x and the instability of KDE 4.2 (most related to
plasmoid/plasma component). Many users of KDE would like to work with
KDE 3.5.x, until the 4.2 release becomes more stable/mature.

Jay
--
Registered Linux User # 483705  @ http://counter.li.org/  (openSUSE 11.1, i686)
Smolts Profile: