Firefox Faster In Wine Than Native (was Re: Firefox RunningSlow in Linux)

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Feb 13 20:34:22 UTC 2009

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
>> This same posting was on the fedora-test list first[1] and I've run my own
>> tests. I suggest you do your own. Fedora Firefox is sloooooow.
>
> I think the more correct thing to say is that the linux version of
> Firefox is slow. From my reading this is not a Fedora specific
> problem... the mozilla builds are equally affected.  This could be a
> real problem for all linux distributors that needs to be addressed in
> the upstream firefox codebase.
>
> -jef

I think I"m going to run some of my own benchmarks on my Gentoo box
since I see no difference between FF on linux and on Windows. (I have
dual boot.)  I don't see any appreciable difference in either OS,
javascript or otherwise.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support