TV card without sound

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Feb 14 16:31:04 UTC 2009

Clodoaldo Pinto Neto wrote:
> 2009/2/14 Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com>:
>>>
>> Dumb question - I don't know your card, but does it have a 1/8"
>> stereo jack on the back? I know I have used several that require a
>> jumper from the card to line in on your sound card.
>
> Thanks for asking. It has 1/8 stereo jack but according to the manual
> it is audio in. Does it make a difference?

It might - was there a cord with a 1/8" stereo plug on each end
included with the card. It is probably about 12" long. In my manual,
it shows it running from the TV card to the sound card.

One other possibility is that the volume for the TV card output or
the sound card input channel is muted or set too low. But I am not
sure what the input to the sound card would be. It might not be
configured to show in the ALSA mixer.

Last, but not least, it could be a Pluse Audio problem where the
output is directed to the null output. But I don't know enough about
PA yet to try and fix that.

I wish I could be more help...
Mikkel