Trivial question on menu item

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Feb 15 14:35:05 UTC 2009

I have created an item in my Favorites menu
to connect me to a remote computer, "alfred".
I created it with the Menu Editor
(accessed by right-clicking on the f-icon).

The command reads, "/usr/bin/ssh -Y alfred".
I have set it up to open in Desktop 3.
This works fine, except that when I re-boot
I get a konsole window on the local computer in Desktop 3.
I have to close this, and press the button in Favorites again.

Is there any way I can modify the above command
so that I am connected on re-boot to the remove computer,
assuming of course that it is available?

Incidentally, I see that the option "Enable launch feedback"
is checked for this item in the Menu Editor.
What exactly does this option mean?

Ps KNode seems a little shaky in KDE-4.2 .
I tried to send this posting a few minutes ago,
and it had the effect of crashing KNode.